Add a Healthy Kick to Your Sober Diet
Sometimes the smallest change in our diet can help kickstart a more healthy lifestyle. Waffle noodles are absolutely amazing, delicious, healthy, and comforting. While I love mine topped with a little butter and parmesan cheese, these noodles are great topped with chili, cheese or a curry for one super-healthy meal. This dish is also perfect as a side to yummy grilled vegetables and grilled chicken or halloumi cheese. You don’t have to join the gluten-free revolution to appreciate a good meal - but an open mind and palette can lead to one joyful sober life.
Sweet Potato Waffle Noodles
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For this recipe you’ll need a waffle maker, alternatively you can waffle the noodles in a stove top waffle iron.
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 medium egg
Nonstick cooking spray, like Pam Coconut Spray
1 teaspoon butter, unsalted
3 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
1. Preheat your waffle maker.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
3. Add the sweet potato noodles to the frying pan and cook for about 10 minutes, turning frequently, or until noodles have completely softened.
4. Add the noodles to a mixing bowl. Stir in the spices; combine thoroughly.
5. Fold in the egg and toss to combine until well-coated
6. Spray the waffle maker or iron with cooking spray. Pack the noodles onto the appliance so that no noodles hang off the side, and they fit in all of the grooves.
7. Close the appliance lid and set a timer for 3 minutes.
8. When the time has expired or no steam rises from the waffle maker or iron your waffle noodles are done.
9. Top with butter and shaved parmesan cheese, and enjoy!