Drugs pretty much fry the neuroreceptors in your brain. When you decide to ditch the habit and get sober, your brain needs a lot of omega 3 fatty acids and protein to repair the damage and curb cravings. Omega 3s also help protect your fragile, recovering body so you can more easily manage stress and anxiety. Salmon and walnuts are packed with omega 3s. We combined them into one simple pasta dish to curb cravings and bring comfort.
Salmon Pasta Packed With Omega 3s
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
16 ounces rigatoni pasta
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. salmon fillet
Zest of one lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons walnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
3. Bring a small frying pan to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, butter, garlic, walnuts and peppercorns. Stir often for 5 minutes to incorporate flavors.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and toss with the garlic, olive oil, walnut mix.
5. Add the lemon juice and zest to the pasta and toss to mix well.
6. Flake the salmon into bite-size pieces and gently fold salmon in with the pasta.
7. Top with fresh Parmesan cheese and enjoy with a light side salad and a glass of sparkling water.