Healthy Drink Options for Your Sober Soul
Finding joy in drinking sober has never been so easy. With revolutionary mixology and crafty ideas from your favorite cooks - you have so many options to still enjoy a creative drink without the booze. From immune boosting lattes to breakfast smoothies that can also be enjoyed as an after dinner drink - you’ll love these non-alcoholic drink recipes.
Vanilla Ginger Latte
For those who like to spice things up and serve up one immune boosting cup of joe - you’ll love this Vanilla Ginger Latte. This recipe takes cold brew coffee to a whole new level!
14 tablespoons of your favourite coffee, coarsely ground
1 quart cold, filtered water
2 teaspoons fresh sliced ginger
1 teaspoon alcohol free vanilla flavor, like Trader Joe’s
1/2 cup half and half, frothed
Whipped cream, for serving
Cinnamon powder, for serving
1. Add water and vanilla flavor to your cold brew coffee pitcher.
2. Spoon fresh ginger into the coffee filter/infuser.
3. Top with coffee grounds.
4. Twist filter/infuser into the pitcher and seal tightly.
5. Shake well and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
6. Pour one part coffee mug into a mug.
7. Heat the half and half in a metal pan on medium high for 3 to 5 minutes, or until steam begins to rise from the pan.
8. Top the coffee with the frothed half and half. Top with a generous helping of whipped cream and dust with cinnamon.
Mexican Chocolate Banana Smoothie
This decadent treat will have you living the good life!
1 cup vanilla yogurt, or 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
4 ounces water
1 cup ice
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 medium banana, sliced
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
2. Blend on high/ice crush until smooth.
3. Pour into a glass and enjoy with a straw!