When it comes to making positive lifestyle changes, eating in can be just the way to give yourself a fun activity while in recovery. This fun, creative recipe is just what the doctor ordered for any level home chef. A sweet, savory, and slightly spicy recipe, these tacos will really help add some spice to your life. Simple and quick, they’re ready in just 30 minutes. Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos really hit the spot. Add your favorite hot sauce for a spicy kick or serve it up with a side salad for a totally healthy meal.
Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
1 pound shrimp, deveined and rinsed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup green pepper, chopped
2 cups pineapple, chopped
¼ cup yellow corn niblets
½ ancho chili, deseeded and sliced
8 corn tortillas
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
4 lime wedges, for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Season the shrimp with chili powder, salt and pepper.
3. Heat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil. Place them in the oven when up to temperature and turn the oven down to warm.
4. Place the seasoned shrimp in the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once until shrimp is white and firm in texture.
5. Add the pineapple, pepper and ancho chili to the frying pan and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until tender.
6. Remove the tortillas from the oven and place flat on a plate.
7. Divide the shrimp and pineapple mix evenly across the tortillas. Top with a pinch of cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.